Day 7: Trivial as this seems, I'm grateful for all the pets/animals I have had/still have... My horses, my dogs, cats, pigs, sheep, goats, calves, chinchilla, rabbits... chickens (and the one snake) not so much, but I guess that there is something I'm missing in the depths of my memory even for them... And although I could go on ad-nauseam, I'll just focus on the two that have brought me the most pleasure...
My dogs... loyal and 100% unconditional love... or at least for all the ones I've had the pleasure of having as pets. They've protected me, comforted me and provided endless amusement... always eager for a new adventure, always ready to welcome me no matter how long I've been gone... they are what I believe we all want from everyone around us...
Horses are obvious to those that knew me growing up... I was always riding here and there and everywhere, they were a huge part of my life and I wish that they still were... riding is something that is hard to take for granted since there is something utterly poetic about the movements and grace of the horse, and for something so beautiful to allow itself to be tamed/trained enough to be ridden is a wonderful experience even without the competition aspect that was commonly thrown in - everything from barrels and poles to roping and cutting to dressage and jumping competition was attempted, but my favorite thing was always finding a long stretch of even ground and just letting go... wind rushing by, the feel of the muscles bunching and releasing beneath you, knowing at any time that this animal could decide to veer or buck or just not stop when asked (or stop before being asked)... btw greatest work out in the world too! HAHA
No comments:
Post a Comment