Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Day 5 (Family) - 30 Days of Thanks

Day 5: I'm grateful for Family - my nieces and nephew, aunts and uncles, cousins, even "family" that isn't blood... each and every one of you have in some way shaped the way I view the world - with such a large family, and being so close-knit (mostly) with so many it's hard to imagine anything different... and that opened a door to places I've never been or experiences I've never lived through - you each have shared through stories or more recently FB posts allowing me to see things from your prospective... You each are amazing/unique individuals and I wish I could give you each a day, but I'd be writing for months :) plus ultimately I know I'd leave someone out, just too many!!
Sadly, I've lost some recently just as I was really getting to know them - I hope that they knew that I loved them and was grateful for the time I was able to have with them... Others I have begun to see and appreciate in a way as an adult that I would never have understood as a child, I will always try to do my best to make sure that they know that they are appreciated and loved as treasured members of my family - Even from halfway across the country!! Love you all!

No comments: