Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Day 6 (Friends) - 30 Days of Thanks

Day 6: I'm grateful for the friends (some are more family than just friends) I've made throughout the years... some more than others but you've all made an impact and continue to do so still. You've taught me to moderate my perception of everything from friendships/relationships to skills and habits to what actually is success... I've been humbled by my school companions - your opinions and actions, your recollection of years past... these have shown me that nothing is as it seemed, shows what was important and memory only blurs what remains. I've been taught to go beyond what comfort zones I have by friends I've made moving around the country... I've learned that not everyone can be trusted with everything, while others I know I could trust with my life and that each of those types of friendships provide different aspects but both are needed in some way... And while I miss the friends (and in some cases lose touch) I leave behind when the military says "Move", the memories that I've made stay with me...

No comments: