Friday, October 14, 2005

Progress. . .

Well we are finally down to the last portion of the wait before boarding the Boeing 777 Jet out of Dulles International Airport that will take us to Denver Colorado so we can board the Boeing 767 Jet that is taking us to Hawaii!! LOL

Last night we took my truck to the Baltimore Harbor to load it onto a ship so it could being its month long trip. I took off from work about 1pm, had lunch with DH, and then drove to the harbor. We got there about 3pm and had to wait in line for about 15 minutes to be told that "While normally they accept a vehicle that has exactly a 1/4 of a tank of gas. . ." they weren't at that point!! Grrr. . pissed me off. . so we had to drive around to get my truck to where it was under a 1/4 of a tank of gas then get back to the harbor to be checked in before 4 o'clock!! That was so stupid!! I was so ready to strangle someone!! So we get there . . get all checked in and I hand in all the paper work that has been collecting in my folder for the last two weeks and I have to wait while DH gets to take my truck through the whole process of getting it on the ship . . I wanted to do that since I was the one who had to get all the stupid paper work together!! Grrr. .
We finally got outta there about 20 after 5 only to be stuck in Baltimore traffic going back to Frederick!! I think we finally got back home around 8ish. . ?? So for the next week or so I'll have DH's truck and he'll have to walk or borrow a car from our neighbors if he wants to go anywhere!! Ha Ha!!

Once we got home we faced an interesting issue. . our "bed" had sprung a leak over the course of the day and now all the air was out and we had to figure out a way of getting the pinhole fixed (Mimic found the hole for us) and blowing it back up. I was light-headed for about a hour after all of that. . but DH did good and went and cooked up a couple of snacky foods for us to chow on before going to bed. Well our patch didn't hold so now I gotta find a new way of covering this leak cause there is no way I am going to deal with a deflated bed again tonight. . my back hurts like hell!!

So today I am dealing with a sore back, being tired, driving DH's monster truck (no bigger than mine but has a less responsive turning radius), and its my last scheduled day of work!! So all next week I'll be in and out of the office. . working down in our cable division and tying up loose ends. . CAN'T WAIT!! Then we'll be closing on our house the 21st and that monday driving to DH's NCOIC house so we can crash there for the remainder of the time we have here in MD. . YEAH!!!

No comments: