Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pregnancy Journal: Babyshower - IRL

Yup... We got surprised by a few "in real life" baby showers...

1st was a man/daddy shower that was really just a poker game with half the winnings going to the daddy-to-be, I think J had a good time playing poker and I of course just thought it was really nice of the guys to do something for him like that. Ultimately we walked away (thanks to J's boss handing me his part of the winnings) with a little over $250, hey that'll buy at least a couple months of diapers! LOL

2nd happened at my office today... funny thing was that I think due to my outspoken thoughts on all party ideas, some of my co-workers got really nervous about planning one behind my back so they asked permission. I feel bad because I know why I didn't really want one, but I hated that now I feel guilty because they only wanted to celebrate with me - I appreciate the gesture, but I could still have done with out the party~ Anyways...
They did a wonderful job of keeping it low key and picked some wonderful gifts including a tummy time gym, toys, bibs and a hefty gift card to purchase anything else I need.


 

3rd is yet to come but I was made aware of it - J's coworkers are planning a pot luck/baby shower for us. My appt schedule was used to plan a day when I was going to be at the hospital for something anyway, but I still don't know exactly which day they are planning to hold this little party. More than likely they'll ambush me at the clinic or lab like they've been doing... it's amusing to be sitting in the lab and have several of J's coworkers come hunt me down to drag me back to "visit"...

No comments: