Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ft. Sam please...

Do you see these two Green dots...???
One is over South Korea...
The other is over Texas...
Do you see how far apart these two dots are??
I don't like how far apart they are!!
Why you might ask... well there is a very real possibility that my husband might get sent there for his next duty station, while I stay in Texas - FOR A YEAR! No good can come of this possibility, unless you are one of those that are in the "Absence make the heart grow fonder" category... and while yes, that is true, and yes I'm a military spouse that should be "OK" with this, NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR THIS CRAP!!!

Of course he could get the duty station that I'm totally ok with which is Ft. Sam Houston... TOTALLY WONDERFULLY OK WITH THIS ONE!! J can stay with a buddy during the week until the house sells and we get a new place to live, I can continue to work where I'm at until I get a new job (if I choose to do so), and he'd only be a 2 hour drive if I wanted/needed him for anything... Perfect see!?

So yeah.. we got told that J'll be getting orders soon - we were offered choices (Ft. Lewis, WA - Ft. Jackson, SC - Ft. McGuire, NJ - Ft. Sam Houston, TX - Korea), we debated most of the choices already so we each kinda knew what the other was thinking, however, what we didn't plan on was them offering him a position at the Research Facility - Totally awesome and Total Win-Win!! and we also didn't think about the fact that his last two duty stations have been Non-Deployable duty stations... meaning if he doesn't get approval for another Non-Deployable tour, then he gets sent to Korea without me...

No comments: