Sunday, May 15, 2005

Weekend In Review!!

Friday. . chatted with the Neighbors!! They offered to have their youngest son who just came home from College come over and mow and weedeat the lawn when Jon isn't home thru-out the summer last week and also offered to buy the house from us when we go to moved to Hawaii, so we were chatting about all of that. And Shannon had come over to kinda help out around the house so she was there as well. . then we made a chocolate cake, watched a movie and passed out on the couch sometime around 3am only to wake up Saturday at 7am!! LOL
Saturday we as I said were up at 7am starting with the weeding of the gardens around the house and planting some flowers but it was calling for rain so we had to rush and get all of that done before the sky opened up! Then we painted the bathroom and started taping off the bedroom so I can repaint the ceiling!? OOPSS!!
Sundays are so wonderful. . so relaxing (most of the time) now that I am working at Elk Mountain Trails and today was no different!! Actually today was better!! I worked with one of the colts for the better part of the morning then took out two troops of girl scouts. One of the troops had a couple of girls that were just terrified of horses and one in particular was so scared that she almost opted not to ride at all and I felt so bad for her so I took her aside and got her used to the horse and calmed her down so that she could enjoy the trip. I think that seeing her helped some of the other girls as well, which was awesome, and by the end of the ride she was wanting it to not end or to get off the horse. . oh and she ended up getting to watch our gate closing ceremony. . LOL!! Ok not so much of a ceremony as just a time for us guides to let loose and let the horses run!! It was so much fun.. We picked the horses we wanted to ride and we just took off for the hills. I rode Goldrush bareback and we just took off at a dead run.. it reminded me of when I would work out my horses cause I almost never rode with a saddle. In fact there is a time that Jon is always talking about that he remembers of the first time he saw me riding a horse was something comparable to this ride cause I just jumped on, let out a yell and dug in my heels . .holding on for dear life and loving every minute of it!! The other guides now think I am crazy!! Oh well. . it was great!!
Anyways. . I am tired and it has been a long but very eventful and busy weekend. . it is time to hit the sack!!

No comments: