Sunday, January 20, 2013

Busy but Beautiful day

Yesterday was such a pretty day, much like today... love these types of days during the winter - days were the sun is shining and it's warm enough to be comfortable outside without layers of clothing. DH and I got lots of projects finished up... got a few more started, so I can't complain about how busy we were, plus it was so nice to work with DH and not be fighting about stuff... we were having fun goofing off and being productive... 

First project done was the sidewalk from the front door around to the back door/carport - this is something we've been working on since the summer...
 

    

We also got the rest of the mulch laid out around the bushes in the front, we've gotta go back over the rest of the beds to get it all leveled back out but this the mulch project is mostly done too. DH also got the bushes trimmed up while I got my fire-pit rust free and repainted with rust-oleum paint... we sat around the fire after because the paint has to cure with heat, but it was actually kinda relaxing after getting everything else done. Oh, and I saw my first butterflies of the season fluttering around my rose bushes in my yard... so pretty!!

Today on the other hand has been very lazy day! So far we've laid around after eating breakfast, measured the deer mounts to figure out what size boxes we need to make for their transportation, spray painted some wall art I have, started some laundry and watched tv... LOL  - I've got plans on bathing Stitch (my SUV/car) and getting him all pretty again, maybe going ahead and measuring my cargo space to see how much space I have for the dog kennels... then I'm going to hopefully get some more work done on getting my books and clothing sorted, maybe even partially packed. I've got so much to do in the next month and a half it's unreal!!

No comments: